As of May 24th, 2021 We are out of all of our 2021 Veggie seedling starts. Come back in the fall when we will be selling perennials and trees. Thank you for an awesome start to the summer growing season!
All of our homegrown seedlings have been transitioned from our garage to our greenhouse and have been inoculated with mycorrhizal fungi to help them grow. Grown with care and love, plus with many varieties you will not find in a big box store. These are the plants that we grew or propagated right on our property. We may also have offerings that we buy wholesale from other nurseries (such as cranberries, arborvitae, and more).
Our sale will go live on Saturday May 8th. We will deliver orders to the South Hills, or you can stop by to pick up. We can invoice through Paypal, Venmo, or we take cash. We’ll also keep this website up to date with community events where we will be present. Email email@example.com or call 412-715-1469 to order.
We have many peppers. Sweet, hot, and in between. No matter your spice level or color preference, we’ve got you! All pepper seedlings are $4.00. First 10 peppers sold get a free Carolina Reaper plant (not for sale) with the order (as of 5/16/2021 Carolina Reapers are gone)!
Aji Charapita Sold Out
- Scoville Heat Units: 30,000-50,000
- Good heat, fresh citrusy flavor
- Grows wild in Peru where it is often crushed with a spoon into a pot of beans or soup
- Lots of small fruit, slightly larger than a pea
- Scoville Heat Units – 100,000-300,000 (very hot!)
- Lots of heat, but lots of flavor too. Sweet citrusy flavor.
- Popular in Carribean and Yucatan Peninsula.
- Great in salsas, hot sauce, spicy salads, and more!
- Sweet Bell Peppers – No heat (0 SHU)
- Variety of colors – Red, yellow, orange, purple, brown, green
- Start harvesting around 80 days after transplanting
- Scoville Heat Units: 2,500-8000
- Spicy, but not super spicy. Nice bright and grassy flavor. Good fresh, pickled, or cooked (like jalapeño poppers). When allowed to mature to red the flavor is not as grassy and much sweeter.
- Chipotles are jalapeño that have matured to red and are then dried.
Jalapano – Tam (Milder variety)
- Tam is a milder variety of an already mild hot pepper. Heat tops out around 3,500 Scoville Heat Units
- Same bright flavor as traditional Jalapeño, less heat.
- Great for mild salsas, cooking, or garnishing a dish with the just right amount of heat.
- Hybrid with the sweet citrusy flavor but none of the heat of a habanero
- Great replacement to make mild salsas, ceviches, salads, etc.
- Crisp thin skin great for eating raw or cooked
This year we will be offering 3 varieties of tomatoes. All tomato seedlings are $4.00.
- Large and juicy
- Perfect for fresh eating
- Great for burgers, sandwiches, and salsa
Early Treat Hybrid Sold Out
- Extra Early (average 49 days from transplant to harvest)!
- Deep red 4 oz fruits
- Indeterminate (fruits all season until frost)
- Very productive – up to 350 cherry tomatoes in a season!
- Very sweet and juicy!
- Indeterminate variety (fruits all season)
We proudly offer our homegrown herbs for your culinary, medicinal, and aromatic uses. Our herb seedlings are $3.00.
Basil – Genovese Sold Out
- Italian variety
- Dark, tender, aromatic leaves
- Great in pesto or caprese salad
Thai Sweet Basil Sold Out
- Sweet and spicy with notes of anise and licorice
- More heat tolerant than other varieties (won’t blacken and wilt)
- Small narrow leaves with purple stem
Slo Bolt Cilantro Sold Out
- Slower to bolt or flower than traditional cilantro.
- Excellent fresh flavor.
- Can also toast and grind seeds to use as the spice coriander.
- Great in salsas, salads, marinades, and more!
- Great thyme flavor with a twist of lemon
- Excellent in Middle Eastern and Caribbean cooking
- Hardy – you can harvest well beyond your first frost
- Comes back in early spring
- Vigorous growth with fragrant blooms that attract pollinators
- Very cold hardy lavender variety
- Great for a lavender hedge
Grow bags – We have 10 gallon potato grow bags and 7 gallon bags. Great options for container gardens. Cloth bags drain well and help roots to air prune. You can control all of the growing conditions and garden in small spaces. Our 10 gallon bags are for potatoes and have a velcro window for harvesting and handles to carry the bag. 7 gallon bags do not have the window but do have handles for transporting. 10 gallon bags are $6 or 3 for $15. 7 gallon bags are $5 or 3 for $12 Sold Out.
Grow lights – LED lights with red, blue, or red and blue light. Adjustable timer. 3 flexible prongs. Buying in person $18.00.