We are a community nursery and greenhouse, and our aim is to provide sustainable plants, tools, and supplies, as well as information and advice to help gardeners and landscapers acheive their goals in a sustainable and earth friendly way.
We are a family run business focused on providing quality sustainable plant material, tools, products, advice, and support to the South Hills community.
We are committed to providing sustainably cultivated plant material and associated services for the benefit of our clients, community, and planet.
We serve landscapers and individuals with plants, tools, products, and advice.
We are Pennsylvania licensed plant vendors. (PA00A159)
We will have more plant material available for the 2021 gardening season in the spring. In the meantime, check out our blog for informative posts about gardening and related activities.
Somos un vivero de la comunidad y proveemos servicios de jardinería y estilo de vida.
Somos un negocio familiar enfocado en materiales sostenibles como plantas, herramientas, productos, servicios, consejos, y apoyo en la comunidad de los South Hills de Pittsburgh.
Nuestro compromiso es proveer plantas cultivadas sosteniblemente y los servicios asociados por el beneficio de nuestros clientes, comunidad, y planeta. Servimos jardineros profesionales y no profesionales con plantas, materiales, herramientas, y servicios.
My name is Scott Meneely. I have always loved being outdoors and around nature, and while I always had houseplants I didn’t really get into gardening until 2013. In that year, the library I was working at got a community garden. Since then, I’ve been hooked. While experience is the best teacher, I try to be constantly learning about gardens, plants, sustainabiltiy, and more. Here is some of the coursework I’ve taken.
Coursework (all with certificates):
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Training for Businesses (Penn State Extension 2021)
- Landscape Training: Planting, Mulching, and Watering (Penn State Extension 2020)
- Sustainable Pest Control (Udemy 2020)
- Orchids 101 – Phipps Conservatory (2020)
- Give Invasive Species the Boot (Western PA Conservancy 2020)
- Landscape Design – The California School of Garden Design (through Udemy 2020)
- Propagation of Ornamental Plants (Udemy 2020)
- The Employee’s Guide to Sustainability (Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning 2020)
- What a Plant Knows – University of Tel Aviv (through Coursera 2020)
- Introduction to Sustainability -University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (through Coursera 2017)
- Tree Pittsburgh Certified Tree Tender (2016)
While this nursery is primarily my project, my wife and 2 daughters are also involved. I couldn’t do this project without my wife’s loving support, and I’m trying to teach the kids what I’m learning as we go, and to inspire them to take on projects that are important to them. While as a family we are passionate about gardening and plants, we’re also passionate about travel, outdoor recreation, good food, books, community, and more!